CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 5122
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedgenerating a list of commands, HELP?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
tomdenby View Drop Down

Using: inventor2012
Direct Link To This Post Topic: generating a list of commands, HELP?
    Posted: 12.Feb.2014 at 18:17
I am trying to create a list of commands on AutoCAD 2010. I have tried doing it by going through .. Tools>Customize>Edit program parameters. However this only brings up the default list and there are a number of commands that have been created over the past 10 or so years. If any one knows how i could create this list that would be great?

Thank you for your help!

Tom 

John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12.Feb.2014 at 20:07
How about you just buy a book?  The Quick Start Guides used to have many of the commands listed but I don't recall the last time I saw one shipped with AutoCAD.  Maybe it was 2004.

Maybe this will get you started....

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2010/ENU/AutoCAD%202010%20User%20Documentation/index.html?url=WS1a9193826455f5ff-5187222b11eeadcdc61-56ff.htm,topicNumber=d0e188116

There are a LOT of commands so click on each category then do a Print Screen or something similar.  Hope you have a good printer with a fresh ink cartridge and a lot of paper.

Edited by John Connor - 12.Feb.2014 at 20:14
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

tomdenby View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12.Feb.2014 at 20:24
This is a great start for me thanks... i don't suppose you know how i can get a list of commands that have been created that aren't standard autocad ones? i am trying to make a list for the company i work for of all the commands they have a lot of them have been created by them selves over a number of years and they havent kept a record of them. 
Tom D

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12.Feb.2014 at 23:53
How did they create these commands?  Did they edit the acad.pgp file?  Did they create custom lisp routines?  Did they use macros?  Did they create custom shortcut keys?  We need for information.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

tomdenby View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13.Feb.2014 at 09:54
THEY WHERE CREATED USING LISP ROUTINES. 

THANKS FOR THE HELP
Tom D

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13.Feb.2014 at 11:55
Are all lisp routines loaded automatically or just when needed?

Are you sure the acad.pgp file wasn't edited?

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

tomdenby View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13.Feb.2014 at 12:03
Yes there all done as Lisp routines that automatically load in when CAD is opened 
Tom D

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13.Feb.2014 at 12:42
Someone in your company must have a master list of all the routines that are being loaded.

On another note, are you going to be tracking the settings for all system variables as well?

Edited by John Connor - 13.Feb.2014 at 12:44

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13.Feb.2014 at 12:45
Originally posted by tomdenby tomdenby wrote:

I am trying to create a list of commands on AutoCAD 2010. I have tried doing it by going through .. Tools>Customize>Edit program parameters. However this only brings up the default list and there are a number of commands that have been created over the past 10 or so years. If any one knows how i could create this list that would be great?

Thank you for your help!

Tom 

Here...I found you a graphic chart that will show you a list of commands by versions starting with AutoCAD 2004 to AutoCAD 2013.

http://www.hyperpics.com/commands/

Edited by John Connor - 13.Feb.2014 at 12:46

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13.Feb.2014 at 12:51
The following code was written by someone identifying themselves as PDJ at the CAD Forums.  Supposedly it will give you a list of routines that have been loaded.  I have not tested it so I can't tell you if it actually works or not.

(DEFUN C:LD(/ L2L)
(SETQ L2L(GETSTRING"\nProgram to Load: "))
(LOAD L2L)
)

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic