CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 5937
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedModel vs Paperspace

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
De sjaal View Drop Down

Using: Inventor 2020
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Model vs Paperspace
    Posted: 22.Mar.2014 at 13:13
I like to know what other Forum members think about the option to put dimensions in the model or paperspace. I myself am used to ad the dimensions in the paperspace. But i see other companies work with the dimensions in the model space. What is your experience?
Shake and Bake
Robert_D View Drop Down

Using: BricsCAD v21, AutoCAD2006
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22.Mar.2014 at 14:46
I suppose much of it is a matter of preference, in that we all do not do the same type of work, different methods may be required for different situations.
Are you doing 2D architectural or 3D mech?
Personally, always model space dimensioning.
Preferably with annotative scaling (once you get the hang of it), convenient if you need to xref the drawing.
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22.Mar.2014 at 16:33
We prefer to have dimensions and text in our layout and not in model space.  If you do it this way just make sure your dimensions are set to be associative which is not the same as annotative.  Both methods have their own pluses and minuses.  My suggest would be to test both and choose the one that works best for you and your company.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

rs_higgins View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Using: AutoCad 7-2020, SW 14, PRO-E died
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25.Mar.2014 at 15:28
We do mechanical drawing for several companies, some like to have it done in paper and some in model. I finding that more are going to model  except when an boarder / title-block are needed or a large number of interchangeable parts are need in assembles (just one on this). That being said we do mostly model space and allow the companies add the preferences they like.
No electrons were harmed in the making of this post. I will admit a few protons were momentarily Inconvenienced

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic