CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 15678
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHelp moving Autocad Architecture file to 3ds Max

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jessbrad View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Architecture 2013, 3ds Max 2013
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help moving Autocad Architecture file to 3ds Max
    Posted: 26.Mar.2014 at 14:48

Hi,

if anybody could help me with this I would be so grateful, I am pretty much a beginner when it comes to AutoCAD Architecture and know only the basics so would appreciate any help.  Its for my final major university project and I seem to be getting nowhere in receiving help from uni.

I have recently drew up the plans of a building using AutoCAD Architecture 2013, they are contained in a Project which contains all the relevant components to make up the building and each separate drawing is saved as a construct, eg.

Walls 01, Walls 02, Walls 03, Slab 01, Slab 02, Slab 03, Stairs 01, Stairs 02 etc.

What I am now struggling with, is how to import my entire project to 3ds Max so I that I can begin to add things such as wall finishing, flooring, materials, furniture etc.

I have had a play around with 3ds Max but I must be doing something wrong,

I went to 'Import' and located my file however it only let me select one component of my drawing, for example 'Walls 01' so when I import it to 3ds Max, the ground floor walls are there but the floor slabs are missing.

I think I probably have to 'link' my files together somehow, before I import them, so was wondering if anyone could give me any advice in doing this.  I've watched YouTube videos and I'm okay with the actual importing part, its the linking my floors and walls together first that I am struggling with.

Thanks! :)

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic