CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 5267
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedProdution Template

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Frank H View Drop Down

Using: Autocad 2012
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prodution Template
    Posted: 09.Jul.2014 at 22:23
I need to use a autocad file to produce a file in a format that my printing company can open. It must keep the scale in the drawing because field workers will use this as a paper template. Is this possible?
Frank H
philippe JOSEPH View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Mechanical 2017
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11.Jul.2014 at 07:31
Hello frank H, first you should ask your printing company what format they support.
If they support AutoCAD ( please declare your softwares in your personnal datas ), then give them your .ctb to be used and if the formats are not evident, send them in separated indicated formats directories so that they don't make any mistakes.
Some printing companies support any softaware but it will cost you 15 minutes of work on each file ( expansive ).
Some companies will ask you for a .plt file with the settings of their printer ( ask the settings ).
Other companies will support PDF files and then you will have to take precautions for them to print them "fit to size exactly" if not you will have some approx. +5% scale.
Frank H View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13.Jul.2014 at 20:00
Joseph thanks for the response they do not use auto cad they wanted to know if I could send a tiff or something like that
Frank H
Frank H View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13.Jul.2014 at 20:12
I also read something about making it a PDF by selecting the correct paper size for the drawing and setting the scale 1:1 does this work
Frank H
philippe JOSEPH View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Mechanical 2017
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15.Jul.2014 at 07:38

Frank H, what i know about PDF that you make from your software is that it will produce margins around it approx. 3 or 5% of the format.
As I have a professional release of Adobe PDF I will "crop the page" with Shift+Ctrl+T = reduce the margins to zero so that printing on a big format will be at correct scale.
I do a zoom on respectivly on each opposite corner to do this and remember the margin controls for a next time.
If you print on a little format like letter 11"x8.5" or tabloid 17"x11" you will have to cope with the natural margins of your printer.
You can have an idea of that margins when you launch a print with the option scle to fit and take a look at the informations : scale of the print / 1 mm / 1.0XX units ( sorry it tranlated from french ).
I fyou print a shorter format with that ratio, then your print on your littke printer will be at the right scale.
Do a test and measure it on the paper.
Do a test with a normal print and with a PDF virtual print and you will see that PDF is doing some 3 or 5% more margins.
Ask for more and tell us if this helped or not.

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic