CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 11002
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedB/W inverted importing DWG from ASketch7 to ACAD14

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09.Oct.2014 at 00:39
It isn't nice to hijack another forum member's thread to ask an unrelated question.

Maybe you downloaded the wrong service pack.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

philippe JOSEPH View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Mechanical 2017
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09.Oct.2014 at 07:14

Hello er6n ( kawasaki ? ), here is how to post a new topic.
tomte View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD R14, AutoSketch 7, DraftSight; Win 7 Ult64
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09.Oct.2014 at 18:04
Thank you, John Connor, Draftsight really is a great 2D tool - except one basic thing that drives me crazy:
The Line Width from the layer has no effect.
Same for an explicite Line Width given to a line - it has no effect.

Because setting the color to the layer and then getting the line color from the attached layer works perfectly I do not think making a systematic mistake.

In another forum I found a  Draftsight thread concerning Line Width and Line Stile, but finally discussing Line Stile only, so I am still lost. Is it fair / welcome me to discuss this in this forum too? Please let me know if not.

Thomas
tomte View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09.Oct.2014 at 18:15
Ups, missing my reply, so again:

Thank you, John Connor, Draftsight really is a great 2D tool - except one basic thing that drives me crazy:
The Line Width from the layer has no effect.
Same for an explicite Line Width given to a line - it has no effect.

Because setting the color to the layer and then getting the line color from the attached layer works perfectly I do not think making a systematic mistake.

In another forum I found a  Draftsight thread concerning Line Width and Line Stile, but finally discussing Line Stile only, so I am still lost. Is it fair / welcome me to discuss this in this forum too? Please let me know if not.

Thomas

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09.Oct.2014 at 18:39
Discuss anything CAD related you want.

Yes, lineweight DOES have an affect IF you turn it ON.

Format > Lineweight >check off "Display weight in graphics area".  Re: other forum and Draftsight question. Anyone who has used Draftsight for more than a day should have been able to answer the question.

Remember that just like AutoCAD there is a built-in Help file.  Make use of it.

Edited by John Connor - 09.Oct.2014 at 18:44
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09.Oct.2014 at 18:42
Originally posted by er6n engineer er6n engineer wrote:

hi guys , i need help!!!..why during i want install autocad electrical 2015 pack 2 there was said my computer do not support by autodesk... my computer i5 opertaing system 64bit...anybody can help???

Please stop hijacking threads that other users have started with questions regarding their own, non-AutoCAD Electrical, problems.  Until you learn that simple courtesy I'm not going to help you.

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

tomte View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09.Oct.2014 at 20:37
Originally posted by John Connor John Connor wrote:

Discuss anything CAD related you want.
Great!

Quote Yes, lineweight DOES have an affect IF you turn it ON.

Format > Lineweight >check off "Display weight in graphics area". 
Googling "Display weight in graphics area" I learned that I had to enter "LINEWEIGHT" in the command line to be brought to the dialog "Drafting Styles". This Dialog directly showed me the Option "Display weight in graphics area". I just needed to check the box and found myself in a new world with line width defined via layers.

Quote Remember that just like AutoCAD there is a built-in Help file.  Make use of it.
Hmmm, honestly, I had searched in Google and read the built-in Help all the day.
But because I searched for "Line Width" but DraftSight calls it "Line Weight" I could not find anything.

Thanks again, John Connor!
Thomas

PS: One sentence that popped up in Google: "This tip should be displayed when the application starts." Being a newbie I agree.

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic