CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 3471
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedText Size for drawings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mmaurigi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Using: AutoCAD 2009
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Text Size for drawings
    Posted: 07.Jan.2015 at 14:45
The company I'm working for is using AutoCAD 2015. The company does not have a plotter that can plot D-Size (22x34) drawings. We do everything on either A-Size or B-Size and use the company printer to print the drawings on either 8.5x11 or 11x17 paper. We use model space and paper space for all drawings, with graphics in model space and text and dimensions in paper space. We are a water treatment company, so we are developing equipment layout and detail drawings as well as flow diagrams and P&IDs. I'm trying to set up some needed CAD standards and I'm having a hard time with the text size on the drawings. My issue is that since the drawings are limited to A & B size, I often have difficulty fitting text, labels, and dimensions. I don't want to make the text too small that it's not legible. Does anyone else have these drawing size limitations where they work and how do you handle it.

Thanks!
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07.Jan.2015 at 15:13
We have some similar limitations therefore we limit most normal text and dimension text to 3/32" (0.09375).  Labels and some text in the title block may be done at a slightly larger size.  On the other hand we will not go below 0.07 for text height because it can be unreadable for some people who don't have perfect 20/20 eyesight.  I suggested using Braille but no one thought that was a good idea.  LoL
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic