CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 11758
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNeed some basic quick help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gsson View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2015 trial
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need some basic quick help
    Posted: 25.Feb.2015 at 16:38
Hello all!

Im new to this forum and maybe and hopefully (in some way) I'll visit this site more often in the future! I have used different CAD-softwares throughout my educations (started when i was around 16 years old). I want to freshen up my skills (got a job interview coming up, should have started earlier though) with the AutoCAD so Ive downloaded the a trial version of the AutoCAD and doing some basic tutorial stuff.

For some reason in the middle of my work the option to offset multiple objects disappeard and I can't really figure out how to get it back?? I appreciate the help, and I guess I'm missing something obvious here Tongue

Appreciate all the response I get! Have a nice day
gsson View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25.Feb.2015 at 16:52
to explain it further, I've only got the Exit and Undo option when I'm going to select the object I want to offset, just recently the Multiple option existed, now it disappeard and I cant find any solution to it. Usually I find a solution myself or I just google the problem but I dont get any hits on the specific problem.
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25.Feb.2015 at 17:17
Interesting.  I just got back to my CAD workstation so I'll have to do some checking first.

How are you invoking the command?

Meanwhile, have you tried closing down AutoCAD and restarting it?  Maybe it's a momentary glitch.

Something else you can try is resetting your Workspace from one type to the other than back.

BTW...the Multiple option is for multiple offsets for one object not multiple offsets for more than one object.

Edited by John Connor - 25.Feb.2015 at 17:33
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

gsson View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25.Feb.2015 at 17:33
Hi there John, greatly appreciated that you take your time to respond!

I use the command "of", I've also used the tool by accessing it through the ribbon area (click the icon), if that was your question? From there I just follow the basic command line...

I used the offset a couple of time and I acknowledged the M between Exit and Undo.... a meanwhile after when I had to offset multiple objects I noticed it was gone? I guess I have changed some settings in some way, but I cant really figure out what has to do with the offset settings?

Yes, that was my immedite thought after I've pulled some hairs for a couple of minutes, I restarted the the program and I was sure it would be back to normal! I'm sorry if I formulated my english in some wierd fashion it's not native.

Thank you for your response again, greatly appreciated Smile
gsson View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25.Feb.2015 at 17:39
Originally posted by John Connor John Connor wrote:

BTW...the Multiple option is for multiple offsets for one object not multiple offsets for more than one object.

Oh, I knew I would feel stupid in some way after this.... 

It was some time ago I worked with this software, got some things mixed up it seems. Well, still confusing why the multiple option disappeard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25.Feb.2015 at 17:55
Did you try either of my suggestions or was I just whistling in the wind to myself?
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

gsson View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25.Feb.2015 at 21:34
Im sorry if you think you'r talking to deaf ear, you are not and im thankful for your help! As I said Ive tried a couple of The things you mentioned, the last one i missed however and I've been away all evening and still am. Writing on a cell right now. I will come back tomorrow, thank you for your time again.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25.Feb.2015 at 23:43
Have you customized AutoCAD at all or are you pretty much running it straight as it came out of the box?

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic