CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 6645
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOrdinate Dimensions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
noxzema View Drop Down

Using: Autocad
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ordinate Dimensions
    Posted: 24.Apr.2015 at 20:13
Will someone here please let me have the step by step sequence of moves to enter the Ordinate Dimension mode. I am using Autocad v 2000, but I can use v 2007 if need be.
Thank you,
Noxzema
Never look down at anyone unless you are helping them up.
philippe JOSEPH View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Mechanical 2017
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25.Apr.2015 at 10:14
Hello noxzema, I supose that you want to talk about the command DIMORDINATE.
It's not a "mode" but simply a command that you launch on the command line.

If you work in 2D you wil get dimensions in the X and Y directions.
Launch the command DIMORDINATE and at the 2nd click indicate a place in your space, then you will be indicate ( allways take a look at what is written on the command line and eventually follow the instructions ) to choose an horizontal dimension ( to get an elevation from the point 0,0 ) or a vertical dimension ( to get a horizontal distance from the point 0,0 ).

Click on the dimension that you have placed and you will see that there is also a "grip" at the point 0,0, you can eventually grip a new the origin and so the different ordinate dimensions will be updated.

When you work with dimordinate you will have a big interrest in having your entire drawing "in situation" so that you can get good informations when you lauch the ID command or when you place ordinate dimensions.

Take a look at this :

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/AutoCAD-Core/files/GUID-A2513269-161C-4193-BBC4-1D6717C41A47-htm.html

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2010/ENU/AutoCAD%202010%20User%20Documentation/index.html?url=WS1a9193826455f5ffa23ce210c4a30acaf-6188.htm,topicNumber=d0e132100

Eventually, see my AutoCAD file : FEET-METERS.dwg here in the CAD/BIM Blocks library.

Edited by philippe JOSEPH - 25.Apr.2015 at 11:53
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25.Apr.2015 at 12:53
Your question was answered over at the CADTutor forum where you posted it yesterday.  What didn't you like about the responses?
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic