CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 8866
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedobjects in layout becomes tilted

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sysuwzx View Drop Down

Using: Autocad 2010
Direct Link To This Post Topic: objects in layout becomes tilted
    Posted: 30.Apr.2015 at 06:57
Hello, everyone~ I'm new here and i come across one problem. here it follows.
I draw one rectangle in model area , then build one layout and rotate the WCS by 30 degrees,. Below are the pictures.

But the problem is, when i try to copy the rectangle and paste it somewhere in layout, the pasted objects seem to be rotated by certain angle. Like here:

What can i do with this problem? I dont want it to be tilted. 

Thanks!!!
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30.Apr.2015 at 12:01
Yeah, the pasted object is rotated 30 degrees.  Why are you surprised?  Rotate the viewport. 
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

sysuwzx View Drop Down

Using: Autocad 2010
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02.May.2015 at 04:51
I know it's 30 degrees and is there any way to solve the problem without rotate the viewpoint,just in the layout itself.
philippe JOSEPH View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Mechanical 2017
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02.May.2015 at 11:59
Hello sysuwzw, you are creating alone your own misery by rotating the UCS and then finding that pasted object are rotated by the same angle.
A ( or the good way ) would be to use the different UCS settings correctly or use them when needed.
Maybe you are nor obliged to rotate the viewport and/or use the command PLAN to set the angle of the viewport after setting a special UCS ( that can eventually not be 30° but 29.12345678987654345678998765....... ).
You can set an UCS conformably to a view ( UCS , option View ) and set a view conformably to an UCS ( command PLAN ).
Have a nice day.
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04.May.2015 at 14:20
Simply rotate the VIEW in the viewport itself.  Read this then do it.

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2010/ENU/AutoCAD%202010%20User%20Documentation/index.html?url=WS1a9193826455f5ffa23ce210c4a30acaf-74a2.htm,topicNumber=d0e35964
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic