CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 6487
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedI need help reading this .dwg File corectly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Felix941 View Drop Down

Using: none
Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need help reading this .dwg File corectly
    Posted: 24.May.2015 at 19:28
First Hi. Im totally new here and definitly dont know how anything here works, so please be kind.
My Problem is, I have an 2D .dwg file, here a little part of it: http://gyazo.com/46660298dd4a5474513633cc3f6fd524 (I cant show you the whole because of security issues), and how you can see there are only the qm units, and I have no Idea how to get them that I can see the whole length nad width of everything and not only the qm. 
In want to make an 3D Model of this plans, and there for I need the exact lenght and width of every room.

I hope anyone understands what I mean, sorry for the bad English.
regards, Felix
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24.May.2015 at 21:44
Not very detailed is it?  How did you expect to create a 3D drawing from that?
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Felix941 View Drop Down

Using: none
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25.May.2015 at 00:19
I figured something out, still thanks
indiacadworks View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2013
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13.Jul.2015 at 09:20
You can read it with one of the GIS products from Autodesk i.e. map3d, civil3d, mapguide. If there is an item in your dwg that is identifiable on the ground or another map, you can open the dwg with a free viewer (autodesk trueview), identify the coordinates at the known point and then begin to ascertain the correct prj.
IndiaCADworks provides a broad range of designing services, including 2D drafting, 3D modeling, 3D rendering, and 3D walkthrough animation.

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic