CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 5812
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTopological Survey in 3D

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RickeshParmar View Drop Down

Using: AutoCad, Sketchup
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Topological Survey in 3D
    Posted: 30.Jun.2015 at 13:52
Hey all,

I am a product designer and have a decent grasp of a few CAD packages, but have never really working with anything Architectural.

I am doing a personal project where i am trying to plan out a houses on a complex and sloped piece of land, i am not an Architect and have done what i can in 2D. i have a topological survey which shows all the levels but was wondering which packages would be suggested in ordermake this into a 3D model, and then made start generating some ideas of layouts of a house.

I eventually will need to hand this over to an Architect but like to get my ideas out there first.

Any suggestions or directions would greatly be appreciated.

This is also my first post - which is also pretty exciting. Hopfully i can help out on some of the other topics

Thank you
Rick
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30.Jun.2015 at 14:20
3D topo could be done using AutoCAD Map 3D or Civil 3D.  The house could be done in 3D using plain AutoCAD.

"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

RickeshParmar View Drop Down

Using: AutoCad, Sketchup
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03.Jul.2015 at 13:02
Thank you for your comment John, i will have a play with the trial versions as both are pretty expensive for just generating ideas.

Thanks again

Always learning

Rick x
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03.Jul.2015 at 13:56
For 3D you could always try SketchUp.  There is a free version available.  For 2D you can use Draftsight which is also free.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic