CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 13645
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTwo attributes with the same value in a dyn. block

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
csubuka View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2012
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Two attributes with the same value in a dyn. block
    Posted: 28.Jul.2015 at 14:12
Hi Everyone,

I have a problem, that I can not really solve, please do help me out if you know a a way to solve this:

I have a dynamic block that shows an antenna from the top and from the front. The aerial has a serial number and other info that should be displayed close to the frontal and upper view too (the very same data twice, because on the drawing one has to identify the antenna based on something).

I want to insert attributes into the block that clone the values of the "master" attribute (let's say the first to be inserted) upon insertion of the block. The frontal and upper views of the antenna have to be moved separately and their respective attributes should follow them. And the two views have to be in one block since upon a click on one of the views one instantly see it's pair.

I tried to insert attributes and link their value to a field (object-first/master block value). But that does not really work the value will not dynamically change upon editing the first attribute's value.

*If I insert a field inside the block editor it will never update itself, upon changing the master attribute - the regen command does not help.

**What I can do is to get the block done, than in the model view insert fields that clone the values of the "master" attributes. But how can I make them move together with the block and auto-update? Since hitting regen continously will make my colleagues go mad (plus me too :-)).

Best regards

P.S.: Sorry if the description is a bit messy, but the issue bugs me a lot and it is hard to describe.

Edited by csubuka - 28.Jul.2015 at 15:43
philippe JOSEPH View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Mechanical 2017
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28.Jul.2015 at 18:14
Hello csubuka, I don't know if you are use to this but it looks like that the answer to your question is just here under in the Related CAD Tips :
Tip 5319 : How to set two atributes in a block always to the same value?
csubuka View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2012
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29.Jul.2015 at 08:49
Originally posted by philippe JOSEPH philippe JOSEPH wrote:

Hello csubuka, I don't know if you are use to this but it looks like that the answer to your question is just here under in the Related CAD Tips :
Tip 5319 : How to set two atributes in a block always to the same value?

Thank you very much for answering. Sorry I did not know, next time I will check out that part before posting. Thanks again!

**As I see it in this "Lookup Table solution" I am not able to give unique values to the attributes, I can only choose from preset ones, that I defined in the block editor. Is there a workaround for this?

Edited by csubuka - 29.Jul.2015 at 09:21

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic