CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 14021
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHelp: Multiply dimension?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
allan_amaro View Drop Down

Using: Autocad 2015
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help: Multiply dimension?
    Posted: 29.Jul.2015 at 15:43
Hi, I need to use it and must use a dimension template that already exists . This is with a scale factor of " 0.2 " , if I type "5" it shows your text to "1" , but its size in the model still 5.

I want to use a linear dimension (apply to a normal line) that I type "0,5" but the size in the automaticaly multiply yo "2,5". Are there a command to do that (prefer whithout change the dimension style)?

Thank you, sorry the bad english.

John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29.Jul.2015 at 16:25
Since you do not want to create a different dimension style wouldn't you have to override the dimension using Quick Properties or in the Properties palette?
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

allan_amaro View Drop Down

Using: Autocad 2015
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29.Jul.2015 at 18:09
Too slow, I have more then 1000 of dimensions to draw. And if I draw the dimensions in the size I need to be, and scale 0.2 to become the size that need to be in the model, It won`t reference to the green line (floor)

I want to click the gren line, make a perpendicular (just ortho is fine), and type 1.5, the dimensions/line will have a size of 7.5 (factor scale 0.2), i don`t care if i need to type some command before. Thats my ideia, maybe someone have a better. If there is no way, how I do that editing the dimension style?

John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29.Jul.2015 at 18:21
I don't understand how people get into these types of situations.

Have you tried using the Scale Factor on the Primary Units tab?

Edited by John Connor - 29.Jul.2015 at 18:22
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Kent Cooper View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2020, 2023
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07.Aug.2015 at 14:58
Since this is clearly for vertical-exaggeration application, I will assume that they are always and only vertical dimensions.  If you always dimension them downward, try something like this [in simplest terms, and untested]:

(defun C:DVE (/ pt actual); = Dimension with Vertical Exaggeration
  (setvar 'dimstyle "YourVerticalExaggerationDimensionStyleName")
  (setq
    pt (getpoint "\nTop-end Dimension definition point: ")
    actual (getdist "\nTrue vertical distance downward: ")
  ); setq
  (command "_.dimlinear" pt (polar pt (* pi 1.5) (* actual 5)) "@")
); defun

If you might sometimes want to do them from bottom upward, adjustments would be needed.  And it could use the usual controls and enhancements, but see whether it works for you.

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic