CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 6728
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMigration from AutoCad to Revit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
emmaden View Drop Down

Using: AutoCad 2005
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Migration from AutoCad to Revit
    Posted: 26.Aug.2015 at 12:54
I use AutoCad for Cat B office fit out, the initial Concept designs thru to construction and detail dwgs.
I would like to know members opinions who work in this area their views on the need if any, to 'step up' to Revit.
So compatibility and drawing exchange with the principle Architect can be achieved.
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26.Aug.2015 at 13:11
Revit is the future so moving from generic AutoCAD to Revit makes sense and eliminates any bottlenecks when exchanging drawings with the principle architect.  One word of caution though.  Revit is nothing like AutoCAD.  I'd suggest if you are going to make the switch that you get yourself some training.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

emmaden View Drop Down

Using: AutoCad 2005
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26.Aug.2015 at 16:06
I agree its the future for building modelling, but its about the timing for us. I have not explored the full capabilities of Revit but from what I understand its more of a 3d modelling tool. Within the program their are elements which are standardised based on certain manufactures specifications.
Steel beams, concrete floors,M and E and curtain walling possibly
We specify up to 6 different partition types,8 desking types and configurations,custom joinery, a range of doors
even waste paper baskets,tiles.flooring e.t.c
We also have to detail almost every item that needs a risk assessment to conform to current CDM regs. Will Revit be able to replace/integrate all of our existing blocks, link  to suppliers CAD files  and be able to model them automatically?
Also what kind of file size are we talking about our end users are typically small contractors,who are only just getting the idea of emailing attachments!!
I am just wondering if we should wait untill more companies have adopted Revit as their main modelling package
and suppliers adapt to the change.
As for training on Revit will my 3dmax knowledge be of some use?
Thanks

John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26.Aug.2015 at 16:28
Since I am not a Revit user I can't adequately answer your questions.  You might try posing them over at the AutoDesk Discussion Forums in the Revit subforum.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic