CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 5953
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHow to prevent Autocad Shift + W overide

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
colinawright View Drop Down

Using: Autocad 2010
Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to prevent Autocad Shift + W overide
    Posted: 22.Nov.2015 at 03:26
How can I prevent Autocad from starting the NAVSWHEEL command when I type shift + W on the command line.  Also when when entering text in response to an AUTOLISP function the shifted version of "w" is ignored;  i.e. no character is printed.  I've tried to use the CUI command but can't find "Shift + W".

Edited by colinawright - 22.Nov.2015 at 03:49
Vladimir Michl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Arkance Systems CZ

Using: Autodesk software
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22.Nov.2015 at 14:20
Shift+W is a fixed internal shortcut, not exposed via CUI. But any AutoLISP function expecting text input should ignore it and handle Shift+W like standard "W".
Vladimir Michl (moderator)
Arkance Systems - arkance-systems.cz - Autodesk reseller
colinawright View Drop Down

Using: Autocad 2010
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23.Nov.2015 at 02:23
Hi Vladimir,
Thank you for your reply.  I have just done  fresh install of Autocad 2010 on a new computer and accidentally discovered that when using my Autolisp function to change a string of text  "shift + w" does not enter any text whereas "shift + anyother key" works just fine.  My old machine is the same but I had never come across the problem before.
I am using a separate subroutine "#keyr" to get the new text variable newstr and submit it to the "CHANGE" command.
Using: (command ".CHANGE" e "" "" "" "" "" "" "W") directly at the command prompt is fine but my #keyr function will not accept "shift + w").  I cannot at the moment work out why because #keyr is quite complex using grread  to allow for left and right clicks.  The problem only occurs with "shift + w" and no other shifted characters.

Is there a way to disable Autocad's "shift + w" shortcut key or can you suggest someone who might help me debug #keyr?

A big ask I know but I am very frustrated.
Sincerely
Colin Wright

Edited by colinawright - 23.Nov.2015 at 02:26

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic