CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 6202
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedModify Utility Drawings as an expert

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
somaya123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Using: autocad 2013
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Modify Utility Drawings as an expert
    Posted: 28.Apr.2016 at 12:54
Hi,

I have an existing utility drawings, we need to do new version with some changed.

Please help on that as I am beginner:

1. How I can present the new drawing properly and in professional way: May I use the old drawing as overlay (like revit and show it with bright color) and the changes with clear or how?? 
2. I heard that O may use a topobase (I don/t know what is that and how I can use it)
3.I have an overall composite plan for (electricity, sewar, sanitary, pipes ), all in different layes and colors, how I can show for example the changes in water line , I turnoff other layers? or how I can manage that as an expert CAD user?

Thank you.

John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28.Apr.2016 at 15:18
You could bring the old drawing into the new drawing as an xref.

Typically you want to distinguish between what is "existing" and what is "proposed".  Back when these types of drawings were done on the board existing utilities would be shown using a thin lineweight (ex. - 0.3mm) and proposed utilities would be drawn using a heavier lineweight (ex. 0.7mm or 0.9mm).  We would even go as far as to use different fonts for "existing" versus "proposed".

Yes, you could set up different layers for all the utilities then switch to a layout and utilize multiple viewports displaying only a single utility in each one by using the VP Freeze column found in the Layer Properties Manager.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

somaya123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01.May.2016 at 13:42
Originally posted by John Connor John Connor wrote:

You could bring the old drawing into the new drawing as an xref.

Typically you want to distinguish between what is "existing" and what is "proposed".  Back when these types of drawings were done on the board existing utilities would be shown using a thin lineweight (ex. - 0.3mm) and proposed utilities would be drawn using a heavier lineweight (ex. 0.7mm or 0.9mm).  We would even go as far as to use different fonts for "existing" versus "proposed".

Yes, you could set up different layers for all the utilities then switch to a layout and utilize multiple viewports displaying only a single utility in each one by using the VP Freeze column found in the Layer Properties Manager.

Thank you John,

please correct me:

I did open a new drawing window, xref the existing utility plan, turned off some layer and kept the first discipline to modify it using fading as required.
the first problem that I need to use the exact layer properties fir water line as the existing but will be bold and the existing same properties but bright, shall I create a new layer uses the same properties? if yes that mean a lot of work as there as many layers in the project or there is a way to copy the layers or advise?
Secondly: I tried to look at a tiny windows, from layout window I preview the plot of specifics area with changes, I found that it is not  distinguished and all layers lines are the same (clear and bold)

did I miss something? 

is there an easier way to work on that?

somaya123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02.May.2016 at 07:23
Would you please answer me :)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02.May.2016 at 11:31
Your explanation is somewhat confusing.  Without access to the existing drawing I cannot answer your question.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

somaya123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02.May.2016 at 14:06
Here  in this pic I just draw random lines as it is the changed, under it the existing drawing as an xref.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/23mp5snw2onb4aq/1.png

I took a snap shot only to say here what I need the drawing looks like, distinguished between the existing and changes
while here when I tried to plot that previous view it appeared that all one drawing and there is no difference between the existing and new.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/40bg5ae7urybzm5/2.png
How I can fix that

Edited by somaya123 - 02.May.2016 at 14:08

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02.May.2016 at 14:12
Pictures are useless.  Actual drawing files are best.

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

somaya123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02.May.2016 at 14:33
I can not send it here,or in public  could you send me your email please?

somaya123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02.May.2016 at 15:28
arc_somaia       skype

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02.May.2016 at 15:42
I don't give out my email nor do I use Skype.

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic