CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 11745
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedViewports in Paperspace

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CityDL View Drop Down

Using: ACAD Civil 3D 2014
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Viewports in Paperspace
    Posted: 19.Jul.2016 at 22:46
I have noticed in the last few weeks that when I click in a viewport in paperspace in a layout with multiple viewports, all of the viewports show the xyz icon in the lower left corner instead of just the one I'm in. I don't think it's supposed to be that way.

I first noticed it when I went to do a dview twist in one viewport and saw the twist happen in all the viewports in the layout. I hadn't done anything any differently than I had been doing them over the years.

Did I perhaps change a setting accidently? I have tried to find posts about this but haven't been successful.

ACAD C3D 2014
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20.Jul.2016 at 00:15
What command did you use to create these viewports?
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

CityDL View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20.Jul.2016 at 00:29
mview

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20.Jul.2016 at 12:30
I have been unable to replicate the condition you describe and nothing comes to mind, command wise, that I can think of at the moment.

What steps have to taken thus far to solve the problem on your own?
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

CityDL View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20.Jul.2016 at 18:29
I have searched online to see if anyone else has had this issue and haven't found anything, I have talked with other CAD users and gone through the ACAD help topics.

Yesterday I opened a new drawing and used the New Viewport command pulldown to create a couple of layout viewports and the same thing was happening - click in one to activate and the xyz symbol shows up in both.

I'm stumped and so are others I've talk to.

David Lee

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20.Jul.2016 at 19:01
Well you could always try a REPAIR of the installation.  It is pretty mundane and will do no harm as it just finds and replaces corrupted AutoCAD program files and does not touch actual drawing files.

I searched as well but could not find one other person who said they were seeing the same thing.

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

CityDL View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20.Jul.2016 at 19:53
I have taken a look at a few videos on creating multiple layouts and in each one the xyz icon did show in all vp's when one was activated. That must be normal and I just never noticed it before.

As far as the twisting in multiple vp's when only one is activated, I don't know. I had not seen that before. I'll keep trying to find something on that.

In the mean time, thank you very much John for responding. if I find out why it's doing that, I'll post it.

David

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20.Jul.2016 at 20:11
Well if that is the case then it is a feature I have turned off on day one since as far back as AutoCAD 2004 or it is some obscure sysvar that I have completely forgotten about since I have no use for it.  When I get a moment I'll check what sysvars I have turned off and maybe one of them will ring a bell.

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

rebellio View Drop Down

Using: Autocad 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25.Jul.2016 at 09:47
Hi,

You can switch the UCS on and off per viewport.
Just click in the viewport and type command ucsicon --> off.

regards

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25.Jul.2016 at 11:42
I guess that's what I did and forgot.  Thanks for refreshing my memory rebellio.

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic