CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 15776
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCAD Rendering books

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MikeB131 View Drop Down

Using: SolidWorks, Keyshot, Blender, Rhino3D, Fusion360
Direct Link To This Post Topic: CAD Rendering books
    Posted: 30.Aug.2016 at 20:09
Hi Guys.
Im a Noob to the website, just registered and hope I'm in the right forum. Im a 3rd year University Student BA Product Designer, and have used SolidWorks, Keyshot and Blender for the last few years, and dabbled with Rhino3D and Fusion360.

Question:
Does anyone know of any CAD Software Rendering books you can purchase? Something in-between a picture book packed full of gorgeous general product renders, a help-book with renders and how to, or a book that has images of product renders with the software used stated and details and help/tips on how to enhance your renders to get the best from your software and work?

I spend most of my time creating on Solidworks and rendering in Keyshot, and would like to find ways to keep improving my work and the quality to enhance the realism towards industry standard...My University teaches me very little and the tutors rarely offer any advice, so I'm hoping for replies on here.
I have put a link to a FB page that i have with all of my work in on my profile on here incase anyone would like to view my current standard, I would describe myself as a very keen amateur/hobbyist.

Any replies whatsoever would be fantastic.

Mike
philippe JOSEPH View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Mechanical 2017
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31.Aug.2016 at 07:30
Hello MikeB131, if you launch a search on the internet with : "AutoCAD rendering" you will get a lot of helps and tutorials.
I would search and find :

AutoCAD 2013 , 3D tutorials by Kristen S. KURLAND ( page 189 to 252 ).
At CAD TUTORIAL , lessons 3-09 , 3-13 and 3-14.
At for dummies, a Wiley BRAND : How to create and apply materials in AutoCAD 2014.

In any case what you have to render is the same as Solidworks : do some 3D solids, apply a material and render.
MikeB131 View Drop Down

Using: SolidWorks, Keyshot, Blender, Rhino3D, Fusion360
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03.Sep.2016 at 17:38
Thanks for the response Joseph!

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic