CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 3090
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFrom one CAD to another

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
memas View Drop Down

Using: INVENTOR 2013
Direct Link To This Post Topic: From one CAD to another
    Posted: 31.Aug.2016 at 21:32
Hello to everyone. Here is the question, for those who use not only inventor, but also other CAD programs : has it ever happened to you to make a part in one program, but if you try to make it  using another, it's not feasible to make it exactly the same. To explain it better, i have drawn a sketch in solidworks, which i intend to use as a path for a sweep feature. It is fully defined with dimensions. When i try to make it using inventor, it just cannot be done! If i try to use the same values for the dimensions it becomes over constrained. It can be made, but a little differentiated. In this specific example, a radius which is R3 in solidworks can go up to R2.8 in inventor. Isn't this absurd? Not to mention the feature sweep which doesn't allow me to produce exactly the same part . But the main problem is the sketch. Anyone? Thanks in advance for the answers.

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic