CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 7059
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIs server-based AutoCAD Civil 3D transferrable?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lynn0812 View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2013
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is server-based AutoCAD Civil 3D transferrable?
    Posted: 13.Sep.2016 at 14:30
I am retiring after 44 years of owning my own Consulting Civil Engineering. I have a 10 seat Premium  2013 Civil 3D AutoCAD. It has been a great tool for my Company and my employees. I will no longer have need for it in retirement. Rather than trash it, I would like to transfer it to someone who could benefit from it. I have heard mixed reviews as to it being transferable, either to 1 or multiple users. Does anyone know if this is transferable? Also, does anyone know of someone or multiple persons looking for something like this?
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13.Sep.2016 at 15:34
I don't believe the license is transferable according to the EULA but it would probably be worth contacting AutoDesk to confirm.  At the very least they would appreciate your honesty.  A rare commodity these days.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

lynn0812 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13.Sep.2016 at 16:29
Thanks John, I truly appreciate your response. I actually have contacted Autodesk and have received contradictory responses from them. I am waiting on a reply from them now. I am not trying to deceive anybody. i truly want to be honest and help someone out, if I possibly can.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13.Sep.2016 at 16:48
If they do say "yes"...getting it in writing. 
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

lynn0812 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13.Sep.2016 at 17:08
John: 
Funny you say that. Copied below is their email to me. Let me know if you or someone else knows of anyone interested.

Thanks again for your input.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13.Sep.2016 at 17:22
No email is visible.

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

lynn0812 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13.Sep.2016 at 17:31
Autodesk, Inc.

Dear customer, 

We will be happy to assist you in the process of transferring the licenses to the companies you specify. In order for us to proceed we need the following information:

Serial Number/s:
Company CSN 1 (with amount of seats):
Company CSN 2 (with amount of seats):

Based on the information you provide, you might have to fill out 1 or 2 forms regarding the transfer of licenses for us to be able to complete the transaction. In the event that one of the companies is overseas there might be some restrictions. 

If you have any other question, feel free to contact us at any time.

Best regards,

Jose Francisco Leiva Piedra

lynn0812 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13.Sep.2016 at 19:16
I tried posting the copy of their email again. I got a notice that the Moderator has to review the content first, since it appeared the "format was changed", which I guess is what happens when you cut and paste something, as opposed to writing it out.

In any event, they stated in the email that it was transferable. Thanks again for your input.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13.Sep.2016 at 19:28
Well that's good to hear.  Thanks for posting a copy of the email.  Seems ADesk is finally coming around.

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic