CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 6987
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedstandards in drawing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sernatsalot View Drop Down

Using: autocad 2015
Direct Link To This Post Topic: standards in drawing
    Posted: 16.Sep.2016 at 09:55
Hi!,

im a fairly new user, trying to to get my autocad tech certification. 
i was wondering if anyone can suggest a book or a website where i can learn about standards in drawing?

thing is im trying to create a portfolio of drawings, my own designs, but without a background in architecture or design, im sort of flying by the seat  of my pants.

any advice is appreciated. 
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16.Sep.2016 at 11:35
That would depend on where you'll be working doesn't it?  The standards may vary from country to country.

As far as setting up architectural drawings any good architectural drafting and design book will tell what exactly is needed for such things as foundation plans, floor plans, elevations, sections, framing plans, electrical and plumbing plans, roof plans and typical details that may be required.  You'll also learn about window and door schedules as well as producing a bill of materials.

What is your CAD experience thus far?

Edited by John Connor - 16.Sep.2016 at 13:49
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17.Sep.2016 at 08:58
well, i have the program down, been on it for only a month, but busting my butt learning the ins and outs. 
however i have zero background in architecture or design so kind of on my own there. 

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17.Sep.2016 at 09:03
things is hardly any 'pro' wants to give practical advice, and not to sound snooty but the vocational training schools here are seriously lacking as well. most of what i figured out was through trial and error and a subscription to lynda.com.
so now im here trying to find some relevant discussions and finding people who actually know what they are doing......

i know a month isnt a long time to devote to a learning path, but i take my time making a a decisive, implementing it is not an issue.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17.Sep.2016 at 13:07
Your choices are...

1. Take a class at a bricks and mortar school or an online school
2. Self learn via books, tutorials and online videos
3. Find a mentor to guide you
4. Attend a class given at an authorized AutoCAD reseller
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17.Sep.2016 at 13:30
im actually smooth in autocad now, since i was taking a program and i fast tracked through it. 
can you suggest any books though? ill have to make do cuz mentors are impossible to find here. 
sorry if im being a pest!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17.Sep.2016 at 20:15
Look for books on architectural design and drafting.  All it takes is a simple search.

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic