CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 3758
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMy Own Little Garden of Edyn

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AliveInTheLab View Drop Down
RSS robots
RSS robots

Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Own Little Garden of Edyn
    Posted: 18.Oct.2016 at 04:00

Yesterday I blogged about one of our gallery exhibits.

Read_article
Read the article

Even though it's an Autodesk Gallery exhibit, I have not had any personal contact with anyone from the company. I just know the product from the exhibit. Well to put my money where my mouth is, I bought one. I simply went to their website and ordered it:

Ordering

It arrived a few Sundays ago.

2016-10-09 10.33.03

I anxiously opened it.

2016-10-09 10.33.48

It comes with a simple instruction book that basically tells you how to push a few buttons to add it to your wireless network.

2016-10-09 10.34.34

I installed it in our garden by simply pushing it into the ground. No digging,

2016-10-09 10.52.16

I downloaded and installed the free iPhone app.

2016-10-09 10.52.55

The app tracks moisture.

2016-10-10 07.02.16

It also tracks light.

2016-10-10 07.02.40

It tracks humidity.

2016-10-10 07.02.50

It tracks soil nutrition.

2016-10-10 07.02.56

On Monday morning, I could see how the garden was doing.

2016-10-10 07.03.02

I know our soil is not great at holding water, and the device is confirming that. Even though we've had about an inch of rain over the last few days:

2016-10-17 08.53.40

In terms of recommending plants, based on our bad soil, it is recommending desert-appropriate plants:

2016-10-16 14.15.56

When I plant plants, I add garden soil. Perhaps to get a more accurate reading, I should add some potting soil to the spot where I have planted the Edyn unit? I was also not sure as to how deep I should plunge it, so I posed the question to Edyn.

Question

I got an almost immediate response:

Hi there, you want to place the tip of the sensor at root level for your particular plants. For most flowering plants that means leaving 1-2" of the metal shaft above the soil surface. For grasses you may want to plant a bit shallower.

Since i am the chairman of the landscaping committee for our homeowners association, this type of precise measurement will help us ensure that we continue to conserve our precious California water and only fertilize as needed.

Applied gardening research is alive in the lab.

Go to the original post...

It's Alive in ihe Lab - Autodesk Labs blog by Scott Sheppard

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic