CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 6048
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWeb base CAD software ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
polar75 View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2013
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Web base CAD software ?
    Posted: 19.Oct.2016 at 16:12
Hello everyone,

I'm currently developing a Web base CAD collaborative software that you can use on your web browser.

Does it seem to be an interesting idea or feature ?

Thank you in advance for your feedback ! :)

Ski_Me View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2016, MEP 2012
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19.Oct.2016 at 19:22
I like the idea but I would rather have a client that I could use on my machine then plug in the modules I needed for what I was doing.  Working through a browser seems like it would be clanky and slow considering the the processing you need to do if you were working on a 3D project.
polar75 View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2013
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25.Oct.2016 at 08:50

Hello Ski_me,

Yes that's one of the challenge. Actually in our case, only the rendering part will be done in the browser, all the other intensive tasks will be done on our server.
With a web base CAD, we can delete all need for any king of configurations because you will be able to work on a wide range of computer seamless

Ski_Me View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2016, MEP 2012
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26.Oct.2016 at 22:14
Ok what I mean is make a client that I can use on my computer, then develop modules that I can plug in and use as I need them.  You give me the client for free and charge me for the modules that I use.  So say I want to do a electrical plan.  I subscribe to a service that has that module for your client.  I pay for however long I need that module then I cancel the subscription.  Rather than selling software you in a sense rent it out.  Web base design is nice and all but keeping it all in the family is much more preferred.

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic