CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 7001
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPersonalized Cutting Boards Demonstrate that There's a Right Time to I

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AliveInTheLab View Drop Down
RSS robots
RSS robots

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Personalized Cutting Boards Demonstrate that There's a Right Time to I
    Posted: 03.Nov.2016 at 04:00

Yesterday was my son's birthday. As he saw active combat in Afghanistan and other places while serving in the United States Marine Corps, he may be getting a service dog as a companion. The dog that he is hoping to get is named Lara. So I made him a cutting board using a laser cutter at our Autodesk Pier 9 office in the wee hours of the morning before I started my day job. 

Steven_and_lara

Happy Birthday, son.

Actually, I have made a few cutting boards and given them out as gifts. Here they are in various states of development and test runs:

Alameda Anniversary Awats
Cyndy Ev Hom
Karen Molly Susan

When these boards include pictures, the images need to be converted to bitmap or they don't engrave correctly. Here's what I get if I don't process the image properly:

Oops

Here's what an image looks like when I do it correctly.

Looks_right

I learned how to prepare images for engraving by watching this video.

Thanks, hackhobby.com.

Actually, I have made so many of these cutting boards that my son suggested that we look at integrating the engraving process into the furniture business. Alas, we are too late. Colorado State University has beaten us to the punch.

Csu

At Autodesk, we believe there is an exact right time to innovate.

Continuum
Learn when to innovate

Cutting cutting boards is alive in the lab.

Go to the original post...

It's Alive in ihe Lab - Autodesk Labs blog by Scott Sheppard

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic