CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 4481
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOriginal Stitch: What should a bespoke customer satisfaction process b

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AliveInTheLab View Drop Down
RSS robots
RSS robots

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Original Stitch: What should a bespoke customer satisfaction process b
    Posted: 25.Nov.2016 at 18:59

Boycottoriginalstitch

Autodesk believes that the future of making involves three fundamental changes:

• Products themselves will be smarter with enablements via the internet of things.
  • Processes will move towards automation via robots and greater efficiency via techniques like additive manufacturing.
  • Consumer demand will shift toward bespoke creations instead of generic off-the-shelf products.

With this in mind, I ordered a custom-made shirt from Original Stitch and have been chronicling my experience.

This brings up the question of what should the return policy be for bespoke creations.

Gurantee

For traditional items that are all alike, an unwanted item is returned to the manufacturer. The manufacturer can then verify that the item is in good condition or restore it and sell it to another customer. For a bespoke creation, that is not possible since each product is a one-of-a-kind creation. In the case of Original Stitch, the company does not have the customer return the shirt. They suggest that it be donated to charity. I like that.

I have been exchanging emails with Glenn Foster of Original Stitch. Recall that my first attempt failed because I used a construction tape measure instead of a cloth tape measure to capture the data. Original Stitch offers customers one mulligan. I supplied new measurements and got a second shirt.

There are two problems with the second shirt:

• My sleeves are too short.

Glenn's retort was that the shirt was made correctly and that I should consult their sizing guide.

https://originalstitch.com/sizing-guide

Quite honestly, I had not seen this page. Had I watched the videos on this page before reordering, this story might have had a happy ending?

• My sleeves are of different lengths.

Regardless of my incorrect measuring technique, the 34" number that I supplied for each sleeve was the same. I can't see any way that the customer part of the process could result in a shirt like the one I have.

Glenn did offer to allow me to buy another shirt at half price, but I am reluctant to pour more money into this process. I fear AAUGA has summed it up correctly.

The MTAILOR process uses a smartphone app to capture the measurements.

Mtailor

At this point, I recommend that process as the Original Stitch process and its return policy have not yielded success.

Bespoke customer service is alive in the lab.

Go to the original post...

It's Alive in ihe Lab - Autodesk Labs blog by Scott Sheppard

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic