CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 8529
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedautocad move/copy tabs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
rayw1986 View Drop Down

Using: autocad 2011
Direct Link To This Post Topic: autocad move/copy tabs
    Posted: 30.Nov.2016 at 17:46
I need help!! The dialog box for MOVE/COPY to create a new layout will not pop up. I have been using the ctrl and drag function but it takes for ever when you have 30plus tabs. 

can anyone let me know why my dialog box will not appear and how to fix it. 
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30.Nov.2016 at 18:36
Did you try shutting down AutoCAD then restarting?
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

rayw1986 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30.Nov.2016 at 18:48
Yes! It happened after we moved building autocad was working normal with no hickups and after the moved i noticed the dialog box would not pop up any more. 

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30.Nov.2016 at 18:59
What have you done so far to troubleshoot the problem?
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

rayw1986 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30.Nov.2016 at 19:25
I have restarted but not rebooted the software. 

Used the format command for DIA switched from 0 to 1 and back from 1 to 0. 

other than reinstalling the software which i dont want to have to do. I haven't been able to think of much else to do. 

I have just been bypassing that command and using the CTRL drag but it's becoming a hassle. 

I have searched through the options to see if anything turned off but no luck so far. 

Its been like this for a month but i want to fix it.   

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30.Nov.2016 at 19:37
The least invasive option would be a REPAIR of the installation which would replace any corrupt files but not touch anything else.

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

rayw1986 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30.Nov.2016 at 21:20
Thanks for all your help. 

I think it has to be that something got turned of by accident. i just cant think of what it would be. Its got to be something simple and once I figure it out ill be kicking myself. 

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01.Dec.2016 at 14:38
There is no system variable that I know of that would control the visibility of that dialog window.  You probably moved it off screen and it is sitting, unknowingly, behind your AutoCAD screen.

But just to be sure we're talking about the same thing, if you right-click on a Layout tab the fly-out menu appears with the words New Layout at the very top and four lines below that is the Move/Copy option.  The fly-out menu appears but when you select Move/Copy you do not see a much smaller rectangular dialog box.  Is that correct?

If you can't find the dialog box and don't want to do a REPAIR of the installation (the least invasive option) then the only other remedy I can think of is a custom lisp program called TabSort by lisp guru Lee Mac.  It is described thusly....

A program designed with the intention to aid in the organisation of layout tabs in a drawing, the program enables the user to organise each layout tab using intuitively engineered buttons to move selected tabs up/down or to the top/bottom of the tab order.

The program also offers the ability to rename a layout tab by double-clicking on its entry in the list displayed, and furthermore add a prefix and/or suffix to selected/every layout tab.

A facility is also provided to add & delete layout tabs, and also sort the tabs into alphabetical, numerical, or architectural order; or reverse the order currently displayed.

A Find & Replace functionality is also offered to allow the user to quickly replace a text string in multiple layout tabs.

The user may also copy selected layout tabs, or set the selected entry as the current drawing layout.

A Help Dialog may be shown upon pressing H at the Main Dialog interface.

The program can be downloaded from here...

http://lee-mac.com/tabsort.html

Edited by John Connor - 01.Dec.2016 at 14:43

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02.Dec.2016 at 18:48
ray: Care to update us on the status of your problem or is "no news...good news"?

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

rayw1986 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12.Dec.2016 at 04:35
I still have not found a fix. Just been using the pain in my butt shortcut. Ctrl drag. I only find this to be a pain because I create shop tickets that are sometimes 30-50 tabs. And to drag all the way to the end kind of sucks.

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic