CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 7528
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCoorditates Grid on Map Area

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
batalhadematos View Drop Down

Using: Civil3D2016
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coorditates Grid on Map Area
    Posted: 07.Dec.2016 at 12:52
Dear all,

I have some mrsid files I need to work with on Civil 3D (2016).
Each mrsid file contains it's georeference and for each image/map I have 2 files.
- .sid which is the image/map
- .sdw which contains the geolocalization for the image

I was abble to add the mrsid image file onto Civil 3D and already found how to add a coordinate grid using the layer view.
(defined coordinate system / add a Reference System on layout view under Layout Tools Menu)

The maps have been made using Camacupa Datum and are on 1:100.000 scale.

My actual problem:
My problem is that I do not need the full map itself. I just need to work with a specific area of the map and want to add the coordinates on this area.

I cannot find a way to "cut" or "select" the desired area in order to work with, and add the reference system on this smaller area of the map.
I have tried to add new viewports and select only the desired area but on every viewport I create, the full map is shown.

Is there anyway I can select just an area of the map to work with under Reference System in order to add the coordinates grid?

Thank you very much

Paulo

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic