CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 13780
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedReinforced concrete beam annotation and calcs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
adamwisker View Drop Down

Using: Autocad 2015
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reinforced concrete beam annotation and calcs
    Posted: 12.Dec.2016 at 13:36
Hi all,

I'm in my first year of a Construction Management degree, and we have a portfolio task which requires me to do the following:

1. In Model space, dimension and fully annotate the reinforced concrete beam in accordance with current industry conventions. You are free to use layers, colours, line weights and linetypes in Model space as you see fit although your final submission should be monochrome. 

2. In Paper space, create a single bordered A3 layout displaying: a) the dimensioned and annotated elevation view to a scale of 1:20 and b) the dimensioned and annotated section views to a scale of 1:10 on the university template. 

3. Calculate, showing all your workings, the number, size and length for each shape of reinforcing bar and the total length of steel bar of each diameter. Your results must be neatly tabulated. 

The tutor has not taught us how to use Autocad, and has expected us to complete this. I wanted to know whether you CAD gods out there can help me?

I have attached all the files

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Awisker
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12.Dec.2016 at 13:54
And what, pray tell, is the due date for this task?

I'm finding it difficult to believe you've been given such a specific assignment without the benefit of instruction on how to use AutoCAD.

Help you out how?  Are you asking if someone here will do the cad drawing for you?

Edited by John Connor - 12.Dec.2016 at 14:08
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12.Dec.2016 at 15:43
Hi John,

THe final deadline is next Monday so not long left,. I have been working on this and attempting to learn how to do so which is attached to this.  However, I honestly do not know whether what I am doing is correct.

I'm as astounded as you are with regards to the lack of teaching for Autocad. All he has given us are some basic PDFs on how to draw lines etc.

All I'm asking for is advice really, if someone could look at what I have done that would be appreciated. And if they could correct, or suggest how to correct that would also be appreciated.

The calculations I'm not really sure how to do, so help with this is a must also.

Kind Regards,

Adam
Awisker

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13.Dec.2016 at 12:24
You want help doing the drawings AND the calculations?  Did you miss some classes?

PDF"s on how to draw lines is a long ways off from doing such things as adding text, dimensioning, using annotative scaling (if both text and dimensions are going to be placed in model space) and setting up and using viewports in a layout not to mention how to assign scales to viewports.

Have you tried asking your instructor for some further help or maybe a fellow classmate?
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13.Dec.2016 at 12:53
Hi John,

Attended all classes, however these were all built around the other 5 portfolio tasks involved with shear force diagrams and bending moments etc. I can send over the PDFs they have given to us on our portal to show you if you like? I have asked the tutor, however he has been away the past 2 weeks and is off until the new year. My other classmates are at a the same point as I am, and they've tried asking the CAD technicians they have at their work but unfortunately what I attached in my previous post is where we have got to as a collective. So any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Adam
Awisker

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13.Dec.2016 at 13:20
I don't have time right now to look at your drawings.  If I get a chance later I'll try to.

OK...I took a quick look. 

I guess the drawing will suffice for its intended purpose and given that your professor gave you little in the way of AutoCAD instruction you and your colleagues shouldn't be graded unfairly on your cad drawings.  Therefore, I am not going to critique what you have posted.  It's readable but not necessarily a good example of how to do a CAD drawing.

I hope you get a passing grade on your assignment.  Good luck.

Edited by John Connor - 13.Dec.2016 at 17:31

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13.Dec.2016 at 22:06
Hi John,

I appreciate your comments, of course I would love to be able to have a good example of a CAD Drawing, however with the lack of training, if what I have already is reasonable then I guess I will have to go with this.

Thank you for taking the time to look at my work, it is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Adam
Awisker

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic