CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 6157
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCreate a table base AutoCAD 2017 for MAC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23.Dec.2016 at 12:50
OK...you have had way more time than is required to solve the your problem using AutoCAD.  Even as brain addled as I am before having my first cup of coffee I think it took about 90 seconds once I had AutoCAD open to replicate the two sketches above and figure out the angles and even the lengths of the inside and outside faces of each leg.  Hint: the LIST command.

Once you have the 2D sketch of each leg you can move onto creating the 3D solid version, add the top of the table, then position the legs correctly.

My 2D sketch looks like this...

"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Sve87 View Drop Down

Using: Autocad 2017
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23.Dec.2016 at 13:57
I did, but when I try to measure the angles between the leg and for example the floor I get the message "Objects are non coplanar" that is for the leg itself, the are lines i.e. 10x7.4 and 5.6x7.4 are OK. But the leg itself is non coplanar. I've tried converting it, but no luck so far. I'm using AutoCad 2017 for Mac and there is no FLATTEN option in it. When I explode the rectangle it still remains non coplanar, though in the properties of each line the Z positioning is 0.... Confused

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23.Dec.2016 at 14:17
Your problem seems to be that you are attempting to do this in 3D.  FIRST, draw the legs, correctly, in 2D.  You can use the PressPull command to extrude them and then they can be rotated into their proper position.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23.Dec.2016 at 19:52
Table legs as 3D solids.  A front and side view.

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23.Dec.2016 at 19:56
Here is what the legs look like in plan view.  The square circled in red representative of the top of each leg.

Edited by John Connor - 23.Dec.2016 at 19:57

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27.Dec.2016 at 12:05
Well?  Time's up.  You should have finished by now unless you spent the holiday eating too much and playing games on your Xbox or Playstation hours on end.

Edited by John Connor - 27.Dec.2016 at 12:05

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Sve87 View Drop Down

Using: Autocad 2017
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03.Feb.2017 at 21:34
Hey there, 
It has been a long time since I checked here. I hate excuses and apologies, but I had some health issues.
However, we did finish this project if I may call it that way.
Eventually, I managed to do the AutoCad drawing, the app did the angle degrees calculation for me, we trusted my lame skills and decided to cut.
This is what we came up with

Huge thanks to John Connor for the concern, all the help and guidance! I really appreciate it!
So this is officially my first AutoCad work of Art Big smile

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03.Feb.2017 at 22:47
Looks very nice.  Thank you for sharing some images with us.

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic