CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 13959
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDimensions and Annotative Scale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jhawkdesign View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2016
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dimensions and Annotative Scale
    Posted: 05.Jan.2017 at 06:07
Try DIMSTYLE in command line. You may have to "Modify" the current setting.

Also, if you import a drawing file from another users AutoCAD, it may have insert those setting too.

Good Luck! 
jhawkdesign
fmvilla2 View Drop Down

Using: autocad
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02.Jan.2017 at 20:47
Oh boy, here we go. I've tried looking for an answer to this everywhere online but nothing.

So I have a file that I have been working with for a month. All of a sudden I open it one day and try to add a dimension, and I get the the notification box that says

"you are creating an annotative object. set the annotation scale to the scale at which the annotation is intended to display"

and I'm like WHAT? Any option I try for scale results in a super large dimension size. First of all I have never messed with annotation scales or anything. I read online something about DIMFLAC and DIMSCALE, and that they should both be set to " 1 ". My DIMFLAC is set to 1, but I can't set my DIMSCALE to 1 (it's at .5, I never messed with it so I don't know why it is not at default value).

Also, in this drawing whenever I copy a group of dimensions, just to see what happens, and paste, the dimensions suddenly turn huge!

Like I said, I have never messed with annotation scales, all I ever do is set a text height for my dimensions in DIMSTYLE. Also, when I go into DIMSTYLE now the annotation scale part is greyed out so I can't set it back to 1 there either.

Thanks for your help strangers!
no

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic