CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 7426
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAnnotative Dimensioning and text

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cammy28 View Drop Down

Using: Autocad 2014
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Annotative Dimensioning and text
    Posted: 17.Jan.2017 at 13:44
Are there any tutorials in the video section the teaches how to do Annotative dimensioning and text? Im have difficulty getting my head round it.Smile
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17.Jan.2017 at 13:59
I doubt it.  You're best bet would be to do an Internet search on "autocad"+"annotative text"+"tutorial" or something similar.  You're bound to find a handful of YouTube videos about the subject.

One thing to consider.  It is not a hard and fast rule that your text and dimensions have to be in model space.  You can place both in your paper space layout and avoid dealing with the system variables that go along with the annotative scaling feature.  Just bear in mind one thing.  Dimensions in a layout must be "associative" which is not the same as annotative.

Personally, I'd suggest testing both methods then decide for yourself which one better suits the way you work and your needs.

BTW....our company does not use annotative scaling and never has.  All text and dimensions are located in the layout.  We do it this way to avoid cluttering up model space.  We prefer model space to only contain geometry. 

OK....I found this short tutorial (static) re: annotative scaling.  Might be of some interest to you.

http://www.ellenfinkelstein.com/acadblog/tutorial-automate-annotation/

Edited by John Connor - 17.Jan.2017 at 14:09
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

cammy28 View Drop Down

Using: Autocad 2014
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17.Jan.2017 at 17:55
Cheers John thanks for the suggestions i will watch the video.Smile
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17.Jan.2017 at 18:15
The link is not to a video.  You'll have to search for those on your own following the suggested search criteria I gave you an example of.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic