CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 7615
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedProblem Loading Autolisps into AutoCAD 2013

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LARobert View Drop Down

Using: AutoCad2016
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem Loading Autolisps into AutoCAD 2013
    Posted: 23.Jan.2017 at 23:05
I have had to set up a new computer. I have two custom Autolisps I want to install. when I run APPLOAD i can see that the two custom lisps are loaded and that the file paths are correct and when I select load there is a message saying they have been loaded successfully, I have also added both lisps to the start up folder However when I run AutoCAD the autolisps I loaded are not available. Has anyone got any ideas on what might be going on? 
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23.Jan.2017 at 23:11
I would create an acaddoc.lsp file and put both routines in it.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

LARobert View Drop Down

Using: AutoCad2016
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23.Jan.2017 at 23:31
Thank you John.
 Can you elaborate on you answer. i have seen suggestions to create a file folder called START and to put your lisps into that. then you are supposed to create a file path to that folder  in the options under the Support file search path.Next you load the files using the Appload command which is what i am doing already.Is this what you are saying
Kent Cooper View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2020, 2023
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24.Jan.2017 at 07:13
Originally posted by LARobert LARobert wrote:

... I have also added both lisps to the start up folder However when I run AutoCAD the autolisps I loaded are not available. ... 

If you mean literally a folder that you have called something like Startup or Start, as your later message suggests, that's not the way to do it.  Having things in a particular folder doesn't load them.  Put them in the Startup Suite in the APPLOAD dialog box [lower right corner; pick on the icon, then the Add button in its sub-dialog box].  It's not a folder but a listing -- the folder locations of such files can be anywhere.

The acaddoc.lsp file approach is also good -- include the routines themselves in a file with that name or put (load) functions in it to load them, or (autoload) functions to load their command names but not load the code until those command names are called for [read about (load) and (autoload) in Help].  That file can also be anywhere, as long as its folder location is in the Support File Search Path list, and if AutoCAD finds such a file, it will run what's in it every time a drawing is started or opened.

Edited by Kent Cooper - 24.Jan.2017 at 07:19

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic