CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 9099
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedComcast Email Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AliveInTheLab View Drop Down
RSS robots
RSS robots

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Comcast Email Problem
    Posted: 03.Mar.2017 at 08:56

Background

I manage the website for the Crown Harbor homeowner association. We have various committees that do work on behalf of the association. To coordinate our activities, we use email. We have email distribution lists that are provided by GoDaddy who hosts our website. We send messages to a predefined email account that is associated with our domain, and the messages are forwarded to a list of recipients whose email addresses are part of the list.

Problem Statement

When I send email messages to our distribution lists from my Comast account, the messages do not get delivered. My Comast email account is scott.s.sheppard@comcast.net. I know the problem is on the sending side because when I send email messages to these same distribution lists using my work account, scott.sheppard@autodesk.com, the messages arrive as expected.

Example

Let's take one of our distribution lists, the one for our landscaping committee, landscapingf@crownharbor.org, as an example. This list contains the following email addresses:

So you can see that my email address is on the list. That's how I know that my messages are not being delivered. I do not have SPAM filtering turned on for me specifically, but perhaps the Comcast email system is regarding the crownharbor.org domain as spam? My wife, Sheryl Sheppard, is also on the list and has verified that she is also not receiving the email messages.

Investigation

You have my permission to look at the contents of my email account. This includes messages sent and received. You can fio9nd messages where I CC'd landscaping@crownharbor.org that were sent on:

• March 2, 2017 at 5:48 pm
  • March 1, 2017 at 6:27 pm
  • February 28, 2017 at 8:16 pm
  • February 25, 2017 at 5:22 pm

This has been going for some time now, a few months or so. It is impacting our ability to manage the association. Thank you for investigating this issue.

Scott Sheppard
scott.s.sheppard@comcast.net
480-239-5346

Go to the original post...

It's Alive in ihe Lab - Autodesk Labs blog by Scott Sheppard

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic