CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 18002
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAutoCAD 3D to NX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
philippe JOSEPH View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Mechanical 2017
Direct Link To This Post Topic: AutoCAD 3D to NX
    Posted: 14.Mar.2017 at 11:16
Hello we are moving to NX by Siemmens and it looks difficult to save my 3D files.
Any information would be useful.
For the moment I have only succeeded in opening a 3D STEP but it's made of surfaces and not solids.
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14.Mar.2017 at 11:40
It is all going to depend on what file types can be opened by NX and what file types can be imported.  If AutoCAD is capable of supplying those file types then you are good to go.  If not then you may find yourself recreating drawings from scratch.  Whoever made the decision to switch from AutoCAD to NX should have made this their number one priority BEFORE they committed to the change over.  It is utterly stupid of any company to make this kind of leap without conducting due diligence.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14.Mar.2017 at 13:03
Yes moving to NX was made for expenses cut ( licences ), the file save is an other thing ( and I'm absolutely not part of the decision !!! ).
We are using AutoCAD 2D ( and 3D maybe only for me !!! ), Solidworks and Pro Engineer; the decision for moving to NX is supposed to reduce to only one the software.
I'm using AutoCAD since 1995 ( R13 ) and as I have a big knowledge of my work so I use it directly and quickly without having to do some "conception" before. 
My 2D and 3D library is relatively big and I'm worrying about the change to NX.
It looks like 2D is coming OK but without the blocks, the dimensions are "exploded", etc...
The 3D is an other problem and also for the 2 other softwares that NX can't open for licence year compatibility !!!
The future is going to be funny. 
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14.Mar.2017 at 13:09
Great!  Your company is saving money by reducing the number of programs it will be using.  Unfortunately most of that savings, at least in the first year, will probably be eaten up by the cost of recreating drawings.  
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

datafelix View Drop Down

Using: Almost all CAD software
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17.Mar.2017 at 11:07
Hello,
Maybe the CAD converter CrossManager can help you: It can convert DWG and DXF files to NX native files : http://www.datakit.com/cad-convertors/dwg-dxf-3d-to-ug-nx-3d/15-18-0.html

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20.Mar.2017 at 09:39
OK datafelix I will try your datakit converter ( merci beaucoup ).
Have you experienced the same move from AutoCAD 2D and/or 3D to NX ?
datafelix View Drop Down

Using: Almost all CAD software
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23.Mar.2017 at 14:54
Ok Thumbs Up
No i didn't experienced a move from Autocad to NX personally.

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic