CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 5756
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGenerating topography in AutoCAD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ArnavGoyal View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2010, Revit2010
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Generating topography in AutoCAD
    Posted: 22.Mar.2017 at 14:20
I'm a new user to AutoCAD and really love this application. Recently I tried to work with topography in AutoCAD, the file that I received from my faculty was a 2d file without z-axis statements so it took me great time and efforts to close all the open ends https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3wbQH3EcYL3azVzeGphNGhPd2c 

After doing that process I linked my dwg file with Revit for better integration with my structure but even after designating the closed surfaces heights accurately they were all deformed and messed up.

I had to explode the blocks to solve this error which showed me that after exploding line was not at my desired elevation and all the dimensions were a bit off anyways. I'm not able to understand the root of the problem because some lines deal with z-directions and some with elevation.

How simple entered data in AutoCAD messed up and is there a shortcut to generate topography?
Further, I cannot scale my topography after importing it to Revit to desired lengths?

John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22.Mar.2017 at 14:55
Wouldn't AutoCAD Civil3D be better suited to the task?
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22.Mar.2017 at 15:06
I'm studying architecture and want some easy solutions to my problems. Is AutoCAD Civil3D the best option to go with?
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22.Mar.2017 at 15:42
No.  If you are studying architecture then you should probably be using Revit or AutoCAD Architecture.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22.Mar.2017 at 21:27
Yes, I'm sticking with AutoCAD Architecture and Revit but my problem isn't getting solved as I'm not sure where I'm going wrong.

I'm attaching the Revit and AutoCAD files in this post can someone explain me the issue with the accuracy of the inserted data?

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic