CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 7098
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedZOOM xp on paper space

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aspitieris View Drop Down

Using: DRAFTSIGHT
Direct Link To This Post Topic: ZOOM xp on paper space
    Posted: 04.May.2017 at 05:27

I want to ask about zoom xp command. I insert 2 tiff files on a dwg file. That 2 tiff files was surveys with different scales. 1:100 and 1:200. Since that both surveys hasn’t coordinates before I insert it I calibrate it in a different program so the dimensions that was written would be measured on CAD to be similar as they should. After I make some work on top of tiffs like polylines hatches etc… I make a viewport with 3 areas so I can plot both tiff and the work on top of them and my stamp. On eatch viewport I zoom and write 10xp and 5xp where tiff were. Thought was all ok but just that time I realized this ……. all the work that I do was fine stamps polylines etc BUT the tiffs weren’t ok. I measured some lines with dimensions to be certain and there waren’t correct Dead. I measured the exact lines on Model space and were just fine !!!! Angry Ã¢â‚¬Â¦Ã¢â‚¬Â¦Ã¢â‚¬Â¦.. Any help or thoughts ? Thanks on advance.

Angelos

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04.May.2017 at 05:30
Originally posted by aspitieris aspitieris wrote:

I want to ask about zoom xp command. I insert 2 tiff files on a dwg file. That 2 tiff files was surveys with different scales. 1:100 and 1:200. Since that both surveys hasn’t coordinates before I insert it I calibrate it in a different program so the dimensions that was written would be measured on CAD to be similar as they should. After I make some work on top of tiffs like polylines hatches etc… I make a viewport with 3 areas so I can plot both tiff and the work on top of them and my stamp. On eatch viewport I zoom and write 10xp and 5xp where tiff were. Thought was all ok but just that time I realized this ……. all the work that I do was fine stamps polylines etc BUT the tiffs weren’t ok. I measured some lines with dimensions to be certain and there waren’t correct Dead. I measured the exact lines on Model space and were just fine !!!! Angry Ã¢â‚¬Â¦Ã¢â‚¬Â¦Ã¢â‚¬Â¦.. Any help or thoughts ? Thanks on advance.

Angelos

I use as CAD the GstarCAD2016

John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04.May.2017 at 13:01
Are you saying the scale of the tiffs in each viewport are off?  Does this also hold true for the linework you drop over each tiff in model space?
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06.May.2017 at 18:31
true
but NOT for the lines polylines etc that i draw

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06.May.2017 at 18:32
in MODEL SPACE everything is FINE

John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07.May.2017 at 00:16
Are you saying that you are drawing these lines in the layout over the TIFF images that you inserted in model space?
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic