CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 12741
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTHE FUTURE OF MAKING is Autodesk's follow up book to IMAGINE DESIGN CR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AliveInTheLab View Drop Down
RSS robots
RSS robots

Direct Link To This Post Topic: THE FUTURE OF MAKING is Autodesk's follow up book to IMAGINE DESIGN CR
    Posted: 15.May.2017 at 04:00

Autodesk_Future_of_Making_Cover_v03

If you want our new book, you can pre-order it here. Allow me to explain.

Tom Wujec is one of my colleagues. I have blogged about Tom's exploits before:

The Autodesk vision is to help people imagine, design, and create a better world. Our customers design, make, and use places, things, and media (TV shows, movies, games). We characterize ourselves as:

Autodesk makes software for people who make things. If you've ever driven a high-performance car, admired a towering skyscraper, used a smartphone, or watched a great film, chances are you've experienced what millions of Autodesk customers are doing with our software. Autodesk gives you the power to make anything. For more information visit autodesk.com or follow @autodesk.

So it's no surprise that Tom's first Autodesk book was entitled IMAGINE DESIGN CREATE. At Autodesk, one of the challenges that we are helping our customers address is the future of making things. As such, Tom has been working on the follow-up book entitled THE FUTURE OF MAKING. I was honored to help him with some of the project management and serve as a proof-reader. I also worked with CEO Emeritus, Carl Bass, on the foreword.

Holding

Having already read it, I can attest that this is a great book. THE FUTURE OF MAKING tells remarkable stories of how emerging technologies are changing how we make things, who makes things, and the very nature of the what we make. The book expands on Autodesk’s vision of how the building, manufacturing, and digital story-telling industries are transforming. Filled with beautiful images, infographics, and provocative ideas, it shows how leading designers, architects, manufacturers, and makers are creating better things.

There are those who contend that the internet is making printed books obsolete; however, books are tangible objects that convey substantial points of view. THE FUTURE OF MAKING shares our key themes of Autodesk’s future of making things vision in a clear and vivid long-form narrative format. This is something that you'll want on your coffee table. I know when visitors come to my house and ask what I do, I'll explain that I work on software, and here's what our customers do with it. I'll show them the book. That will work because the book has 3 levels of consumption:

1. Look at the pictures and get the general idea
  2. Look at pictures and read the "pull quotes" in large type to understand what the pictures represent
  3. Read the actual chapters and become truly informed about the future of making

Pages

Quite honestly, I am happy that I worked on the book because it is a wonderful way to engage customers. At the end of the day, we do sell subscriptions to software. The book introduces them to Autodesk’s full range of capabilities as well summarizes a range of approaches to address innovation in design, manufacturing, building, and operations. Being conservative with our printing costs and being sensitive to the environment, we have limited copies available in the first run, so I'd recommend that you pre-order your copies before they run out.

Pre-order
Pre-order via Amazon.com

Still not convinced? You can learn more about the book at www.autodesk.com/future-of-making-book.

Hawking books is alive in the lab.

Go to the original post...

It's Alive in ihe Lab - Autodesk Labs blog by Scott Sheppard

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic