CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 10756
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedInitial view of drawing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
luisfnunes View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Using: AutoCad Map 2018 ; ZWCAD 2014 Pro
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01.Jun.2017 at 11:45
i don't and won't argue about that... it was a long judicial battle that ended with the courts saying that in fact it wasn't a clone.
Then outside of courts they (Autodesk and ZWSoft) agreed to change a few things.
But that's all i know.

My hope was that it was due to some system variable or something because as far as i have realized, the problem resides with the program failing to write down in the drawing upon closure the value of VIEWCTR and VIEWSIZE even thought the file preview thumbnail is correctly generated.
Upon opening it seems that those variables are somehow reset to default vaules:

Command: VIEWCTR
VIEWCTR = 210.00,170.71,0.00 (read only)
Command: VIEWSIZE
VIEWSIZE = 331.82 (read only)

I'm not roling back my OS because of this. I'll have to upgrade the ZWCAD version (it'll cost me less than 100€ to do so.......)

Edited by luisfnunes - 01.Jun.2017 at 11:47
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01.Jun.2017 at 14:53
Does ZWCAD, like AutoCAD, have the option to reset all system variables to their default settings?  If "yes" then that is one possible option you still have available to you.  And it costs nothing except a small amount of time.

If you have, as your profile states, use of AutoCAD 2016 why are you even bothering with ZWCAD 2014?  What do you gain by using a Chinese CAD program that is two years older then the version of AutoCAD that you have?  Is the AutoCAD program a pirated copy?

Edited by John Connor - 01.Jun.2017 at 14:56
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02.Jun.2017 at 11:09
i can't post any more without pending approval?
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02.Jun.2017 at 11:14
I have uninstalled it, ran through the HDD, Regedit and deleted everything related to ZWCAD.
Reinstalled it.
Problem remains. So i think it has to do with the VB code and the save center view and view size of drawing upon closure.
The AutoCAD Map 2016 is Licenced.
The problem is of course the very overpriced price of AutoCAD... it only allows a company to obtain a very limited number of licences don't you agree?
We have a network instalation and i found myself many times not being abble to work because there was no licence available so.. for 300€ i decided to buy myself a licence. And i can tell you that it was one of the best things i bought so far!

Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02.Jun.2017 at 11:15
As for the 'Chinese' CAD program... have you ever tried ZWCAD+ 2014 Pro ?
Do you like a CAD program that takes about 1GB of RAM just to be opened with an empty drawing?... ZWCAD takes less than 500MB of RAM with a 30MB drawing opened !
Do you like a CAD program that loads up so many addons that you just never use...?...
And for over 5000 Dollars you get a program that has little bugs like the 'Chinese CAD' program that costs 1/10th of the price, like having to disable the Aero preview of the Windows task bar in order to have the autocad window restored in a proper way and avoid the very annoying maximize *every* time you need to minimize...
In short... i kind of liked more the AutoCAD 2004 than all its predecessors. It was much more simple, more lightweight, faster opening and closing and working with than now, but that's just my oppinion and mainly is why i like ZWCAD so much more

Edited by luisfnunes - 02.Jun.2017 at 11:17
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02.Jun.2017 at 13:27
Yes, I have tested a number of CAD programs including ZWCAD.  That's my job.  Right now I am testing the latest version of BricsCAD V17 Platinum.  I've been running it for a week now.

Fortunately for me I work for a company that does not skimp when it comes to buying hardware.  My system can more than handle anything that is thrown at it.  And since I run a very lean system I rarely if ever have a problem with a CAD program crashing it.  I also keep backups of all profiles, cui's, and system variable settings.

Every piece of software has its own share of bugs; some more than ever.  Users though need to be diligent when it comes to installing updates and hot fixes.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic