CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 6119
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOffset for a callout, Is there a shortcut for this

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yanira.r View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2015
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Offset for a callout, Is there a shortcut for this
    Posted: 20.Jul.2017 at 20:32
Hello everybody

I do drawings that have to have call outs. However, sometimes the call out line crosses with lines of the drawing so every call out line has to have an offset of .025, this way, the line only touches the item im calling.

Currently, I do an outside offset on the line both ways, then I use trim and cut everything inside. Sometimes my figures have up to 50 call outs and I have to do this process that is very time consuming.

Is there a way I could to this faster? I thought maybe i could put a blank line below my callout line, that had the width of the offset. Or maybe two blank rectangles that had the space of the line between them. I'm new in AutoCad and I'm having some trouble trying to solve this.

Note. I copy and paste my drawings to word with paste special Picture (Windows Metafile) so it has to look the same as autocad.

Example.

before.PNGoffset.PNGresult.PNG

Last picture is the result I need

maheshm View Drop Down

Using: 2017
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07.Aug.2017 at 10:04
I CAN SAY SIMPLE , THAT EACH (50No's)CALLOUTS SHOULD BE A BLOCK.MAKE ONE CALLOUTS AS A BLOCK AND PASTE AS  50 No's NOW CAN MODIEFIED SIMPLY BY MODIFIED SINGLE BLOCK IT(50No's) WILL BE MODIFIED ITSELF   
maheshm
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07.Aug.2017 at 11:47
No attached image files.

Are you making use of multileaders?
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

jkaunisto View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08.Aug.2017 at 17:04
Do you have to touch the original drawing at all? Draw a 3dface (with offset to your leader line) with invisible edges to a higher level (elevation) than the drawing entities and the leader at least to the same elevation. Now use hide or shademode-command - and the geometry disappears around your call-out leaders. This does not hide text entities - they do not disappear. Benifit of this is, that when you want to ammend your drawing later, it still is in original form and you need to move/rotate/add new call-outs ??
Almost 40 years AutoCAD !

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic