CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 14988
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSlow AutoCAD 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Castle9 View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2016
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slow AutoCAD 2016
    Posted: 04.Aug.2017 at 19:09
Hi,

I'm experiencing deep lag and slow performance with AutoCAD 2016. My work's IT support can't find what's wrong and it's been going on for months now.

Here's my PC specs:
Windows 7 64 bits
Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
16Gb RAM
Nvidia Quadro K2200

All drivers are up to date and as you can see my PC specs are more than enough to run AutoCAD 2016. I've tested most of the "Slow performance" topics online and nothing worked. I just can't understand why we can't get this thing to work perfectly. I don't want to have to disable every single variables in CAD so it can perform fast, that's just unthinkable, I need the full system not 1/8 of it.

Help me please!!
Phil
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04.Aug.2017 at 19:42
What steps have been taken so far to troubleshoot the problem?

Do you make use of layer filters?

Are xrefs utilized?

Have all file paths been verified?

Does the problem manifest itself in just a handful of drawings or in every drawing you work on even a new one?

What measures do you take to clean up your drawings and are they instituted on a regular basis?

What is the source of the drawings?  Are all of them produced in-house or are some form outside sources?

Are all drawings stored on the network?

Have you tried working locally with a drawing?

I could probably come up with several more questions but I will stop here.

Edited by John Connor - 04.Aug.2017 at 19:43
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07.Aug.2017 at 11:48
Well either you solved the problem on your own or you gave up.  Couldn't have been that important.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Castle9 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07.Aug.2017 at 16:21

Alright so here it goes:

Every drawing are on a server which I'm connected to, so no local, and the connection speed is superfast. Tried local but it still lag.

We use Xref in all of our drawing: In the Architetural.dwg, the structure is an xref and the axes are an xref in the structure.dwg. The Architetural.dwg is an Xref in the electric and mechanic .dwg

When it starts to lag, it's in every drawing.

I use these commands to clean up every drawing: _Audit, -purge*appsenReg, purge all.

All path are fixed. Support path are on the server and updated.

I have layer filters in all my drawing as well and layer states for the layouts. I also use sheets sets in all of them.

All my drawings are started in a main drawing where I got everything in it from blocks/Dyn blocks to layer to text and annotation style . After the drawing is created I purge out everything I don't need in it. This main drawing is 4520kB and the other drawings sizes goes from 500kB to 1600kB.

Here's what I did to trouble shoot the problem:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/AutoCAD-performance-is-slow.html

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Cursor-is-slow-or-jerky-in-AutoCAD.html

Our IT support uninstalled CAD and reinstalled it. They repaired it. They tried to install it locally. Updated all the drivers. tried DirectX9 instead of 11. One of my colleague tried AutoCAD 2018 and its the same thing, slow as hell. Also switch graphic card from Nvidia Quadro 600 to Quadro K2200.

We also have Kaspersky antivirus running on all of our PC.

Phil
Castle9 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07.Aug.2017 at 16:22

I'm trying to post my response but the site won't let me... maybe my response is to big, it said that I’m posting in a moderate forum and it needs to be approved

Phil

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07.Aug.2017 at 16:46
"Moderator" forum?  Or "moderated" forum?

If you wrote the next great Canadian novel then break it up although I doubt you could get that verbose.  Most questions can be answered rather simply.

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Castle9 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07.Aug.2017 at 16:54
Moderated forum and I've just tried to split it in parts but it won't let me either... same thing happens
Phil

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07.Aug.2017 at 17:16
Well that certainly sucks.

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Castle9 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09.Aug.2017 at 15:23
It seems like the message I was trying to send got approved, its up there ^^ starts with "Here it goes"
Phil

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09.Aug.2017 at 15:57
Seems thorough enough.  Did you bother to test a drawing with the anti-virus program disabled?  Some AV programs aggressively target DDL's.

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic