CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 16696
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBringing objects into a block while in block edit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kent Cooper View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2020, 2023
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bringing objects into a block while in block edit
    Posted: 13.Sep.2017 at 22:09
Add them to the working set, Copy them into place, then Remove the source ones from the working set.
Nate143 View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018, Revit 2018, Inventor 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13.Sep.2017 at 15:38
REFEDIT is the short-key for 'Edit Block in place' you can find it by right clicking after you've selected the block... it's faster than typing REFEDIT. I want to know how to bring the object into that block after performing that function without having to redraw it. That was a simple example I showed but most of them are entire mechanisms with gears etc. which will take forever to trace.

Edited by Nate143 - 13.Sep.2017 at 15:39
Kent Cooper View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2020, 2023
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13.Sep.2017 at 14:51
Use REFEDIT rather than BEDIT.  You can add other things in the drawing to the working set.
Nate143 View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018, Revit 2018, Inventor 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12.Sep.2017 at 08:31
Hi all 

I want to edit a whole bunch of blocks using 'edit block in place' and bring objects into the block that are currently not there is there a faster way to do this than to explode the block select all the objects and perform the block function then redefine the block? 

I don't want to use the insert function because then it becomes an inception movie, with blocks within blocks within blocks within blocks

Any ideas?

Regrds
Nate

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic