CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 17620
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPoint Importer / lisp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SCNickerson View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Map 2014
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Point Importer / lisp
    Posted: 02.Dec.2017 at 21:09
Going to try and explain my question the best I can.

Currently I do a lot of work with powerlines / power poles. The way these are shown is our surveyors have a survey shot for the power pole, and and anchors associated with that pole.

Example of the description/point number for pole would be 852449 EXPP_, for the anchor (if any) it would be 852449A (or B, C, D if there are 2+ anchors) EXANC_.

Right now we have a point importer program that recognizes descriptions and adds an assigned block to certain descriptions, we have a block we use for our power poles. This block is a dynamic block with a drop down option, the default is "Power Pole", other options are "Power Pole 1 Anchor", "Power Pole 2 Anchors", "Power Pole 3 Anchors", etc.

Currently since the default block is set to just the "Power Pole" block, I have to manually go through each power pole that has an anchor with it and change the drop down to the correct # of anchors, and in addition I have to manually move the grip point of those anchors to the points for the anchors.

My question, is there a way that the point important program can:

A) Recognize that there are anchors associated with the pole
B) Recognize the # of anchors associated with the pole
C) Automatically choose the correct block with the correct # of anchors
D) Automatically align the grips of the anchors to the points

SCNickerson View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Map 2014
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02.Dec.2017 at 21:22
Just an example of what I need to do. Shown below is how the block currently comes in. There are 4 anchors to this power pole.

Shown below is how the anchors are shown after choosing the block option of "4 anchors". They default to this North/East location.

From here I need to grab the end grips of the anchors and align them so they are on top of the anchor points.

Edited by SCNickerson - 02.Dec.2017 at 21:24

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic