CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 17113
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDWG File INSUNITS Info

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fisad View Drop Down

Using: AutoCad2012
Direct Link To This Post Topic: DWG File INSUNITS Info
    Posted: 04.Jan.2018 at 20:41
There is someone who knows some way to obtain the information of which units have been configured in a dwg file, without opening it with AutoCAD or another CAD program. I'm looking for an alternative that allows executing, for example, a console program that is able to read the DWG file and get the information about which units are configured (eg millimeters, meters, etc).

All the alternatives that I have found require the installation of some library in the user's computer and my problem lies in a computer where the users are only common users and can not make changes to the system or install something extra. For that, it must be a standalone utility that allows to make a dump of the header, for example, to read the unit information.

The computer has installed AutoCAD Architecture 2016 and there is the alternative of programming in Delphi XE6 or Visual Studio 2012 or 2015.

Any ideas???

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic