CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 12936
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedText/Keynotes/Tags

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lexville View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Using: Autocad 2015
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Text/Keynotes/Tags
    Posted: 10.Apr.2018 at 21:49
Where do you guys usually put the text / keynotes / door and window tags? in the model or Layout space.?
ADV
Kent Cooper View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2020, 2023
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10.Apr.2018 at 23:03
Despite the fact that it's not Model information, I prefer to put them much of that [Room numbers/labels, door and window tags, detail reference marks] in Model Space, because if [for example] I need to make a building/room/area/layout longer or shorter, I can Stretch it and all of that can be brought along together with the Model information, in one operation.  If they're in Paper Space, it's an operation that needs to be done twice, once in each Space.  Something like a Keynotes list to which Keynote markers refer would be different -- that I would usually put in Paper Space.  But some offices have standards requiring it to be done a certain way, and some clients may, also, if CAD files are part of the deliverable documents.

Edited by Kent Cooper - 10.Apr.2018 at 23:05
Lexville View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Using: Autocad 2015
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14.Apr.2018 at 05:18
Thanks for the reply. One more question I want to ask. How about Dimensions is it in model or layout space?
ADV
philippe JOSEPH View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Mechanical 2017
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14.Apr.2018 at 08:00
Hello Lexville and Kent, for the dimensions I think that there is 3 main options to be set in :
DIMSTYLE - Fit - Scale for dimension features :
-1- All in the layout ( Annotative )
-2- From an open viewport in the layout space ( Scale dimensions to layout )
-3- All from the model space ( Use overall scale of : and set the scale of the view port )

If you are working in a company there should be "instructions" for this or there should be "problems" when one uses the other's files.

I do use the "old style" option N° 3 "All from the model space" and have only viewports in my layout spaces.
I place also the paper sizes in the model space to "border" exactly so I don't have any parts of my drawings "out of the viewports" even by one inch , no missing texts, etc...
I frequently have to do "working instructions" constituted of 40 or more pages and this helps me in limiting the place used in my model space.
I can also find easily the page that I want to modify at one glance.

Edited by philippe JOSEPH - 14.Apr.2018 at 09:34
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14.Apr.2018 at 13:25
We place all text and dimensions in our layouts.  It is simple, quick and there is only one system variable to worry about and that has to do with making dimensions "associative" which is not the same as annotative.

I suggest you test every method available then choose the one that best fits the way you work or the field you work in.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

philippe JOSEPH View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Mechanical 2017
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14.Apr.2018 at 20:37
OK John, DIMASSOC = 2, is it the good thing ?

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic