CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 8255
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedView11

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vladimir Michl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Arkance Systems CZ

Using: Autodesk software
Direct Link To This Post Topic: View11
    Posted: 13.Apr.2018 at 06:52
No, View11 and our other freeware tools work just with AutoCAD. No viewers and no AutoCAD clones are supported.
Vladimir Michl (moderator)
Arkance Systems - arkance-systems.cz - Autodesk reseller
dcrockettjr View Drop Down

Using: 2002
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12.Apr.2018 at 20:50
Does View11 work with any other DWG programs, specifically just viewers?   Any chance it works or could with Draftsight?

My company is not an Autocad shop.  We used to be but we were bought by a company that uses Solidworks.  We still own our older version of Autocad and a few years ago  (not engineering related) we came up with a solution for simply viewing DWG files on the monitor in true size.  That was when we began using View11.  It has worked flawlessly for us.  We make many flat items with different shapes.  On the manufacturing floor we used to keep books of these print outs and the operator would have to find the exact piece of paper, lay their part on the piece of paper and verify that holes, notches, etc were in the correct spot.   Now we have a computer screen and they can scan the barcode of their drawing number and it will open in Autocad.  They click a button and the VIEW11 script zooms their part into true size and they can lay their part against the screen cover.    They dont have edit rights so we are basically using Autocad as a DWG viewer.  Its an older version of Autocad (2002) running on a Windows 7 32 bit pc.   We know Autocad 2002 wont run on a Win 7 64 bit pc, and I am doubtful if it will run on anything past Windows 7.... so at some point we will be forced away from that OS, Autocad 2002 and so on.    Before that day comes I would just like to see if this plugin works with anything else like TrueView.    We use Draftsight for our 2D modeling but would not be opposed to using it as just a viewer in the same scenario.  I just see that their add-ins are .dll files while this is a .VLX file so just curious if it could work with others.   I'd hate to have to spend a ton of money on an up to date Autocad version just to use View11.

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic