CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 16014
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedConverting .dwg to .plt files help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Robert_D View Drop Down

Using: BricsCAD v21, AutoCAD2006
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Converting .dwg to .plt files help!
    Posted: 16.May.2018 at 22:11
Set up your plot config.s as normal & simply "Plot to File" (and select a directory for the .plt file to be saved in.
jmascia View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2004
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16.May.2018 at 21:45
Hi,  I am in need of some help.  The company I work for has moved away from printing out blueprints, yet we get orders requesting plans that way every now and then.  I have received an order for a rather old plan that never had .plt files made.  No one I work with knows how to convert our CAD files to .plt files.  How do I convert these?  When I go to plot, my options for the Plotter Configuration include things like: Adobe PDF, Microsoft Document XPS Writer, Send to One Note, etc.  None of my options seem to have anything to do with a .plt file.  Am I able to plot to Adobepdf and have the result be and actual .plt file that can be sent to a printer to print from?  If not, what do I need to do?  Any help would be greatly and sincerely appreciated.  

Thanks,
Jen

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic