CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 18875
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHow To Update Existing Coordinates

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
thinker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Using: AutoCAD2020
Direct Link To This Post Topic: How To Update Existing Coordinates
    Posted: 05.Jun.2018 at 09:11
I have this lisp that is used to label the coordinates, Now I have to move these existing objects to new place and update the selection of coordinates as per new location, I know that attribute block can be updated automatically but the ucs is changed many times in this drawing so attribute block is not applicable,

philippe JOSEPH View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Mechanical 2017
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05.Jun.2018 at 13:00
Hello thinker, eventually see the Tip 5193 here under. 
The updating works when you move or copy that block if you REGEN your screen.
Set your UNITS correctly so you will have the desired number of digits after the decimal point.

Edited by philippe JOSEPH - 05.Jun.2018 at 13:14
thinker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Using: AutoCAD2020
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06.Jun.2018 at 08:37
Originally posted by philippe JOSEPH philippe JOSEPH wrote:

Hello thinker, eventually see the Tip 5193 here under. 
The updating works when you move or copy that block if you REGEN your screen.
Set your UNITS correctly so you will have the desired number of digits after the decimal point.
Thanks philippe JOSEPH, As I mention in my first post that these are existing labels and ucs is not remain at same place so attribute or dynamic blocks could not be used, further more I am sorry that I cannot find PtBlock in that dwg file.
Now I am attaching a dwg that may help to understand my problem
The labels are in mtext format with leader and after these labels are moved to new location along with other objects a lisp command may apply to update the selection of labels,

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06.Jun.2018 at 10:16
Hello thinker, the block that you have to find in the CAD/BIM blocks library is : PtLabel.dwg or PTLABELR1.dwg.
On the other hand if you move you UCS it will not do the job properly as its updated at any REGEN of your screen or at any opening of the file.

I don't understand why you have to change the UCS because then you loose your X,Y,(Z) locations in any case.
Your study should have a permanent absolute 0,0,0 and it's the good way to do and for all the different companies working on the same site making no mistakes.  
Some "big companies" have a unique 0,0,0 for a complete country, at the very West and very South for example.

OK I have open the file and seen why there are different UCS locations...

Edited by philippe JOSEPH - 06.Jun.2018 at 10:22

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06.Jun.2018 at 13:47
Hello thinker, a solution for you would be to place all your objects in the absolute coordinate system and place the different configurations on different layers to be frozen or not in view ports open in the layout space.
Ask for more eventually.

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic