CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 11283
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOrphanage Guitars: Still Crazy After All These Years

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AliveInTheLab View Drop Down
RSS robots
RSS robots

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Orphanage Guitars: Still Crazy After All These Years
    Posted: 30.Jul.2018 at 04:00

Back in 2013, we featured Orphanage Guitars at Autodesk University in Las Vegas because they used Autodesk Fusion 360 to design and make their custom guitars. They presented our then-CEO, Carl Bass, with a guitar as a gift. Since Carl is a fan of the Grateful Dead, Orphanage Guitars crafted Carl's guitar to sound like Jerry Garcia's. I had the honor of getting it safely back to our San Francisco office. I blogged about it back then:

Carl_guitar
Read Orphanage Guitar Safely in the Hands of our CEO

My standup-desk is on the 2nd floor of the Landmark Building at our One Market in San Francisco. The other day I went up to the 4th floor for an evening social meeting. I had forgotten about this, but we have an Orphanage Guitar on display in our employee lunch area. I saw that old guitar on a stand last week. I just smiled. My fellow employees and I talked about some old times, and we drank ourselves some beer. Though I'm not the kind of man who tends to socialize, and I seem to lean on old familiar ways, it was great to go up to the 4thfloor and reminisce. Still crazy after all these years.

Break_area

It's great to see that it's still there after all of these years, and Orphanage Guitars is still making guitars — still crazy after all these years.

Guitars are alive in the lab.

Go to the original post...

It's Alive in ihe Lab - Autodesk Labs blog by Scott Sheppard

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic