CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 9872
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedremoving unwanted DimStyles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kpeters View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: removing unwanted DimStyles
    Posted: 28.Nov.2008 at 22:16
I've taken over the position and computer from someone no longer with my company. They felt it necessary to create a number of Dimension Styles that are all useless and have silly names (ie. "Copy of djksjdksjdks"). I am having trouble deleting these old styles.

I've tried using the Purge command but it doesnt remove all of them as if they are being used.

I then used to QSELECT command to select everything on these styles and was able to delete three of them. But am left with 4 more. The remaining four styles show up as "zero items selected".

If feels like they are fixed into the drawing somehow, maybe in a template or something.

Im sure the easiest way to get rid of them would be to just start a new drawing from scratch but I am always reusing details and blocks from previous jobs so it would take alot of time to redo everything. This is by no means a critical issue, just annoying. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
M.Yager View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29.Nov.2008 at 07:15
Try selecting options from your format menu. Many of the dimensional formats reside in the tabed sections and can be removed, copied, modified and/or made current from within the dialog box there.

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic