CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 10775
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDouble clicking to enter mtext editor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CKHodges View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Double clicking to enter mtext editor
    Posted: 27.Jan.2009 at 20:39

Currently using AutoCAD 2008, I have for some time enjoyed the ability to enter the mtext editor by double-clicking on the text itself, but after some recent system modifications I find that double-clicking only brings up the properties palette.  I've tried to find the solution in AutoCAD help, and looked for threads on this subject on this site, but to no avail.  I've already tried changing values for DBLCLKEDIT and PICKFIRST variables, but that didn't help, either.  Has anyone on this forum overcome this problem?  Any help would be appreciated.

CKHodges
Apeiron View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28.Jan.2009 at 08:35
right click and .... Mtext edit ...
Always is something new to learn ....
for kids :))) http://www.prizee.com/?refer=Apeiron
CKHodges View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28.Jan.2009 at 16:40
Thanks, Apeiron. 

Actually, I already knew that way to do it, but wanted to restore the 'double-click'-ability that I had previously enjoyed.  Last night I was able to find it in Acad help. 

For those interested, you can go into

Tools >  Customize > Interface

and in the Customizations window, under Double Click Actions, you can assign an object-dependent action to any double click function (i.e. you can tell AutoCAD what action to take when you double click on an object, based on what kind of object it is.)  In my case, I just changed the action for double clicking on an mtext object to be opening the mtext editor, rather than opening the properties palette.

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic